With summer right around the corner, you’re probably trying to figure out what to do with your family. Of course, big family trips are always a preferred way to have fun, but sometimes, your budget just doesn’t quite work with Disney World’s prices.
We found one blogger’s 25 “staycation” ideas to be very thorough and creative. Here are some of our favorites:
- “Try Geocaching – According to the official Geocaching website, ‘Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location.’”
- “Host a Family Board Game Tournament – Invest in a few new board games, then set up snacks and drinks for a marathon board game tournament!”
- “Camp in Your Own Backyard – Why not enjoy the great outdoors in your own backyard? Set up a tent and sleeping bags, build a fire (or use the grill) to cook s’mores, and take turns telling ghost stories.”
- “Visit a Nearby Tourist Spot – Is there an area nearby that always draws the crowds? Even if you normally avoid the tourist traps, every once in a while it is fun to become a tourist in your own town. Make all the cheesy stops and take pictures along the way!”
- “Tackle a family project – Have the kids been begging for a tree house or wanting to redecorate their rooms? Consider spending your week together working on something to improve your home.”
- “Host Your Own Film Festival – Pick a theme, allow each family member to pick a movie, then get comfortable for a day of movies.”
- “Find a Local Festival – Check your local newspaper or chamber of commerce website to find out what is happening in your town or towns nearby the week of your Staycation.”
Aren’t these ideas great? Whatever you plan to do in the coming warm months, we hope you have a fun and safe summer!
And if you find yourself having questions about the adoption process, please contact us!