Adoption & Beyond is a not-for-profit child placing agency licensed by the states of Kansas and Missouri. Adoption & Beyond assists with domestic, embryo, international and private adoptive services. Adoption & Beyond strives to meet the needs of children, prospective birth parents and prospective adoptive parents by providing quality services for adoption in Kansas and Missouri.
Adoption & Beyond is committed to finding nurturing, permanent families for children by functioning as a licensed not-for-profit child placing agency. Adoption & Beyond is built upon a respect for life and family development. These principles are the foundation of our various adoption programs.
TO PROVIDE education, support and quality services for people seeking to build their families through adoption and to assist in gathering and preparing the social background documents needed in the process.
TO ASSIST women and men in looking at all life giving options for their child and by providing for their emotional needs as they prepare and participate in an adoption plan.
TO SPONSOR workshops in order to educate the public regarding the positive aspects of adoption by presenting information on various adoption topics.
- We understand adoption to be a transfer of parental responsibilities, which preserves the relationship between the birth and the adoptive family. It does not necessarily include a full disclosure of identifying information, but features a commitment to lifelong relatedness.
- We believe that every form of adoption must center on meeting the needs of the adopted child over the years.
- We believe that children are best served by preserving a connection to their birth family or Sending Country.
- We believe the appropriate perspective on adoption views adoptive parents as a resource to a child, not vice versa.
- We believe that prospective birth families and adoptive families deserve equal respect and courtesy.
- We acknowledge that every participant in adoption experiences pain and loss in their own unique way.
- Recognizing that untimely pregnancy generally brings hardship, we support efforts to prevent it.
- We seek to gain the alleged birthfathers’ full participation in the adoption process when possible.
- We recognize a professional responsibility to assist clients to reach fully informed decisions. Therefore, we will protect prospective birth families from premature feelings of obligation and will support their right to change course in a timely fashion.
- We recognize that adoption is a lifelong experience and that Adoption & Beyond must remain a resource to its clients through the years.
- The agency believes that most adopted children benefit from a continuing link to their birth family. Therefore, the agency will assist birth and adoptive families in their reasonable efforts to keep in contact.
- We will operate our programs with fiscal integrity.
- We recognize an obligation to share significant results, positive and negative, with other professionals in the field.
- We believe our efforts are best evaluated in terms of services provided, not numbers of placements made.
- We recognize an obligation to contribute to the public’s understanding of adoption issues.
- We believe the spirit of candor begins with the adoption professional. Therefore, we feel it is our responsibility to create a climate in which client honesty is encouraged and reinforced.
- We recognize our responsibility to uphold the highest ethical standards in all aspects of the adoption process and will not conceal any information relevant to the adoption process.
- We recognize that integrity requires consistency in our beliefs and actions. We will select our affiliations carefully, supporting organizations whose purposes and practices are consistent with ours.
- We believe the practice of adoption is dynamic and continually evolving and we are receptive to positive change.
How We’re Unique
- We offer free no-obligation consultations to families so they can learn more about adoption.
- We are a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit child placement agency licensed in both Kansas and Missouri.
- We have regional case workers placed throughout Kansas and Missouri which enables us to work with families residing anywhere within both states.
- We believe in working together with other adoption professionals to find loving families for children. Therefore, we have been networking with local, national and international adoption resources since we opened our doors in 1998.
- We are held in high regard for the quality of our home study services and our home studies can be utilized for a local, national or international adoption.
- We offer an organized home study process which includes a detailed home study packet that is easy to follow.
- We strive to begin the home study process within a few days of a family’s initial inquiry. Our typical time frame to complete a home study is between 4 to 6 weeks.
- We offer knowledgeable and committed staff who have been both personally and professionally touched by adoption.
- We take the time to talk personally with families when they call with questions, and we remain available to answer questions throughout the adoption process and beyond.
- We are committed to providing humanitarian aid to children in need.
- We are members of local and national professional child welfare organizations.
Founded in 1998
After four years in the adoption field, Steffany Aye found herself choosing to leave her place of employment as the Child Placement Supervisor for a local adoption agency in order to finish her 2nd Masters Degree. (Steffany’s first Masters is in Family Life Education & Consultation and the second Masters is in Social Work). As Steffany was finishing her degree requirements, she began exploring the idea of starting an adoption agency. The Adoption & Beyond agency became a reality in the Fall of 1998. The agency actually originated out of Steffany’s home, eventually, the agency outgrew the home office and relocated to Overland Park, Kansas near 435 and Metcalf. However, Steffany soon discovered that the agency still needed more space and was again moved to the current location at the corner of 162nd Street and Metcalf.
Adoption & Beyond is a not-for-profit child placing agency licensed in the states of Kansas and Missouri. It has a board of directors who oversees the operation of the agency, and it is run on a daily basis by its Founder & Director, Steffany Aye, along with the assistance of a wonderful team of adoption professionals.